Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Stories For Development - Dissertation

Guest justinece

Guest justinece

I am currently working on my dissertation at the moment. The title is 'The use of stories in promoting the holistic development of children in their earliest years'.

If you know of any specific stories used in your settings that promote any areas of developement I would be very grateful to hear from you.

What about the 'Little Princess' stories? They all seem to be aimed at children going through changes e.g toilet trainig, losing the dummy (for those that use them). Is this the kind of thing you mean? Will have a think and get back to you later :o

Guest justinece

Not really Clare. I had a meeting with my diss supervisor yesterday and she has suggested I take the areas of development and use a book to cover each area - also demonstrating how it covers all other areas as well of course). For example she has suggested 'The Rainbow Fish' for social development. I thought about maybe 'The Hungry Caterpillar for numeracy. I would like to also use a traditional story and a fairy story so that I can then discuss their histories etc within my dissertation.

Hope that makes a bit more sense, sorry I wasnt very clear in my first post.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)