Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Snow!

beth1

A tiny sprinkle here in South Manc. My friends up in Oldham and Rossendale have got loads. However, my friend in Rossendale really didn't want it today as we are going to see Stomp this afternoon and at the moment she can't even get the car off the drive and is worried about getting down the road to get the bus too!

Fingers crossed everyone that she makes it as she has the tickets!

AnnieD - here in Shropshire the LEA advised schools on Thursday to close the schools early on Friday cos of the weather forecast - 60% chance of heavy snow. Guess what, yep you've got it - not a single flake fell but the schools still shut early!!!!!!!! Certainly a hot topic on the local radio with parents irate that they had to take half day's holiday to collect children (LOL) :oxD:(

We had a blizzard at 2pm yesterday while we were outside xD as as we've done 'bear hunt' this week we were running around going hhhhhoooooooooo wwwwwoooooooooooo

It's been on and off ever since.It was white over this morning but its not thick (but slippy) but also not going :(

Yesterday morning we woke to find our 14 foot trampoline had somersaulted/flipped over the fencing and landed upside down in the next doors garden :o They've lifted it back over this morning with great difficulty and all agree it must have been one h*** of a gust that did it as its REALLY heavy.I suppose we should be glad its not a ferry that landed in the garden :(

Guest MaryEMac

I came out of the opticians on friday afternoon and it was snowing ------about 3 mins later it had stopped and that was that. yesterday was dry,sunny and breezy, today is very windy and very cold. A good day for drying the washing outside though. only problem with that is now I have to iron it !!!

Mary