Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

To Anyone Who Runs Or Works In A Baby Unit

hi everyone

i need to develop a chart to use in our baby unit for sleep time.

it is a sleep chart to record when the children are checked every 10 mins.

I didnt know if anyone has any examples of this as i just can't think how to lay it all out.

many thanks to anyone who can help me

Mandy

x

Hi Mandy,

I have attached ours which is quite simple. Sleep 1 we use for morning sleeps. Sleep 2 for afternoon sleeps and sleep 3 for tea time sleeps. Obviuosly some of them sleep at different times so if we have one sleep from 10-30-11am we mark those times in sleep 1 and then if another baby goes down at 11.10 we simply leave a line space and start recording the next times. Hope that helps.

Gill

sleep.doc

Hi Mandy,

Another option which we found works well is using a book, less paper, we just write the date at the start of the day then as the children fall asleep we just write there name, time went to sleep and initial every 5mins when we check them. We found his way all the information is in one place rather than having different sheets for different children and different weeks

Abbey

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

a related query as i am currently looking at day care for my daughter - how often is it recommended sleep checks should be carried out - one setting i visited was only checking every half hour.

We have a laminated sheet, with a table on it. We write each childs name up

each day then write each time and initial it , in each box for the duration of the sleep. Depending on the amount of children and sleep length you made need more than 1 sheet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)