Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Circle Time Activites

Guest saina

Hi plese help, i'm finding circle time activites al little difficult, please can can someone help me with ideas and activites to plan for young children aged 3 to 5. Thank you, will appreciate all the help.

I think you can download the SEAL materials from the web. I haven't tried finding them as we have the booklets in school, but they have lots of good ideas. I know a colleague googled them and downloaded bits for a lesson. We did a nice activity to promote saying thank you and naming others in PE this week. We made a circle sitting on the floor, then rolled a ball saying :"I am sending the ball to...." the named person had to receive/retrieve the ball , smile and say thank you!" we then praised everyone for good manners and their lovely friendly smiles. It was very simple, but I felt it had quite a bit of impact in terms of promoting calmer kinder behaviour over the following days. Also good for highlighting the few members of the class who are still struggling with naming their peers. AOB

An activity I always found very successful was passing a handshake round the circle, and each child said ' Good Morning ...... How are you today? Then the child receiving the handshake had to reply. It taught the right way to shake hands, right and left, and polite ways to speak to each other, as well as expressing feelings.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)