Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Can Anyone Help Me... Class Assembly Scripts? Reception

I've got to do a class assembly in two weeks with my reception children. Our topic is fairy tales so I was thinking maybe we could act out one of these... does anyone know where you can get simple scripts for reception? (assembly about 15 mins)...

Thank you :o

Cant you make that yourself, Rachel? Choose something repetetive like the Gingerbread Man with a refrain? Ive also seen Little Red Hen and The Little Rabbits Colours used as assembly stories. There are some simple playscripts in some of the reading schemes.

You could talk about traditional stories and the different ways they start and end and sing some songs---Goldilocks song, There was a Princess long ago etc. I think one of The A&C Black music books may have some others?

I did an assembly based on Little Red hen and The Enormous Turnip a couple of years ago. It took a PHSE theme - working together and helping each other. The children acted out both stories and we just put a simple link about which was best. Children and parents enjoyed it, and as we had covered the books in literacy it didn't take too much extra work for the children. Not sure if I can find a copy, if I do I will post it on here .... not that it was wonderful :o

I have to do an assembly in a fortnight - we've just done The Gingerbread Man and Goldilocks. Wonder if we could use these? Trouble is I'm in a Catholic school and our assemblies have to have at least a passing nod to religion. Any ideas anyone?

Harricroft

Our RE curriculum is set by the diocese, but we don't have to use this for assemblies. In fact we have been focussing on baptism this termm and I had originally thought about doing an assembly on this, but the class have so loved the work on Goldilocks and The Gingerbread Man that I thought it would make it more enjoyable for them. Latest thoughts are retell the story of Goldilocks, talk about doing things we shouldn't - link some playground troubles (pushing, falling out) and stress how we should say sorry/accept apologies - forgiveness. Looking for a nice catchy/bouncy song about being/saying sorry .... doesn't necessarily need to be a hymn.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)