Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Assessment - Traffic Lights

Guest jane heald

Guest jane heald

Hi

I have used this site loads but have never posted anything so hope this is in the right place, if not sorry! I am currently working in an ISP school and AFL is a hot topic, as is tracking etc...etc.... I was wondering if anyone uses a traffic light record sheet to record children's progress, red being not understood, amber nearly ...etc. I have used these further up the school a long time ago but I keep hearing this idea being muted in relation to FS. I wondered if anybody was using this system and exactly how they made it work.

Thanks

H

Our junior school use the traffic light system , but found the infants cope much better with a thumbs up, thumbs down system.

In the foundation unit we dont use either as the children put their thumbs up for anything and working in small groups you can assess if they have understood much easier.

Hi!

I have seen this used with older children but as we do observations both focussed and catch it I don't think it would work. We are also gathering evidence to build a picture of the child and so it would be as easy as just colouring on the FS profile!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)