Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Leadership And Management

Some of you might remember me posting a while back asking for help with my fast track application(leadership and management programme for teachers in first 5 years of their career). Anyway, as far as I know there's no one on here who is a fast track teacher. However, I got through the application process and am now down to the final stage. This is a whole day assessment centre involving two written exercises, two role plays :o and a formal 1 hour interview.

Anyway, the whole day is about leadership and management in particular: analysis and problem solving skills; conceptual thinking; ensuring the delivery of quality results; communicating effectively; influencing others; developing and enabling others; teamworking and building relationships; confidence and resilience and commitment to self development. I was wondering if anyone is aware of any good leadership and management publications that I could look at to 'swot up'. I just know I'm going to go to pieces in the role plays and want to go into the day being as prepared and confident as I can. There seems to be loads of books around but wondered if anyone of you lovely people have come across anything great. xD

Many thanks,

I have a great book which ive just used to death for a module at uni (personal and professional development)

its called: Leading people and teams in education, edited by lesley kydd, lesley anderson and wendy newton, its published by the open university.

its great because it related everything back to the school environment.

Don't know if thats what you were looking for?!

lucie x

Hi Ariel,

I'm not familiar with the programme you're talking about, but the process and topics sound very much the EYPS assessment methods, particularly the role play bit. That was also the thing I was most worried about, but it turned out to be (for me and many of the other candidates) the best bit! The actor was brilliant and totally believable, and I found it very easy to engage in a typical conversation that I might have with any of my members of staff (I run a nursery).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)