Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Goal!

We have a little boy who absolutely loves anything to do with football!!!

Every week we plan activities for two childrens interests, so next week its his special week.

I would love to hear some of your ideas for things to do around football ??

How about blow football, make a 'ball' out of paper and blow through straws; design a football shirt either an old t-shirt or use paper for a 2D shirt; team games; real football game; a football kit dressing up box or dressing up day with hats, scarves too

science (KUW) - man made (astro-turf) and natural turf. Leather/plastic footballs, properties of football boots compared to trainers.

PSE - choosing teams, being a good loser and a good winner

Creative - Football songs / chants , I remember a boy in my preschool spent every day of one summer term singing the Chelsea song, something like Blue is the colour, football is the game........? :o - dance - mexican wave - music - football rattles ( if you know what mean), refs whistles, colours for different teams.

design a team logo. Make a model football pitch with goals, scoreboard, advertising boards. Model football players, photo ( or drawing) of each child from waist up, glue on to card, cut two holes in card (below waist) to insert fingers for legs, use a small ball to 'finger kick' around the model pitch.

CLL - Book "Pass it Polly", mark making, score board etc. produce a sports page ( look at examples of newspaper sports pages, comics with football stories. Talk about the names of the teams they support, names of players they know etc

Physical-obviously play the game, leg strengthening excersices, stretches / fitness training, dribbling, no touching ball with hands ( a hard one this)

Maths - sorting pairs of football socks, matching team shirts, number sequencing ( I had some numbered football shirts that hang on a line, got them from primary Plan - Here's the link,

Have fun

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)