Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Got My Tutorial Dates!

:o Got my dates for tutorials for E123 & E124.....gulp!!!now it seems almost real.

Tutorials for E124 are nice and local xD but E123 is about 1 hours drive away :( Why can't they both be in the same place?

I know 1 hours drive isn't much really but after a full week at work its not really my idea of fun on a Saturday morning...some start at 1.30pm!

I will obviously go to as many as I can......anyone who has already done or doing there's go to all he tutorials????

Do you think I would miss loads if I didn't get to many?

What do you think?

Mrsb

HI Mrs B

Since starting with the OU in 2003 (6 courses done and 2 to go!) I have missed 2 tutorials. Once was because I was in hospital and once because tutorials for two different courses clashed so I had to choose!

I think it is a personal thing and for me I find tutorials invaluable. Maybe it would be an idea to attend the first one or two and see how you feel? Some students manage perfectly well without attending any so maybe it is a case of try it and see especially if there is a long drive involved.

Hope this helps

Guys.................stuck on a section of my essay, which has to be in tomorrow!! any advice/pointers/tips would be gratefully received!!!....I have got myself into rather a knot with this simple-sounding one and when I get like that, i just have to shout help!! so.....it's as simple as this:

discuss principles and research underpinning assessment of children's learning

of course, I know it's to do in part with EPPE and REPEY.....but how to link these is where I'm batting my head against a brick wall......can anyone push me in the right direction please?? beginning to think i have an onion where my brain shoud be............and it's a small onion!!

Guest cathy m

I will obviously go to as many as I can......anyone who has already done or doing there's go to all he tutorials????

Do you think I would miss loads if I didn't get to many?

What do you think?

Mrsb

Like Geraldine, I am studying with the OU and have done the same courses, I have only ever attended 1 tutorial a few years ago. I don't believe that it has been detrimental to my studies. However, the online conference is invaluable and so supportive

Cathy

Oh unfair got my tutor but no date or venue yet! really can't wait may I ask where your tutorial is mrs b? My tutor seem to come from tonbridge and I really don't want to travel this far for my tutorial because of my kids I give up my time in the week to study but don't want to give up my quality time with my kids! If I get a drive to go to the tutorials does anyone know if I can ask for a change of venue?

Oh unfair got my tutor but no date or venue yet! really can't wait may I ask where your tutorial is mrs b? My tutor seem to come from tonbridge and I really don't want to travel this far for my tutorial because of my kids I give up my time in the week to study but don't want to give up my quality time with my kids! If I get a drive to go to the tutorials does anyone know if I can ask for a change of venue?

Hi hairymaclary, E124 is about 10 mins away from home :o E123 is at University of Surrey which is in Guildford!!!

I'm hoping that although different courses and subjects I can get the knowledge of how to set out the assigments etc from the local tutorial so if I can't get to many of the other one I'm not going to have too much trouble.

Like cathy m reply has made me feel a bit better...have always got the online service to help and of course the very very helpful people on here...

mrsb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)