Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pirates!

Anyone got any planning or ideas for a pirates theme please?

Children love pirates so we've chosen it as the whole school theme for book week.. would love to find a theatre company who would come to visit us with a pirate themed production. Anyway your ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Can't wait till Bookweek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanking you in anticipation

Moo

Anyone got any planning or ideas for a pirates theme please?

Children love pirates so we've chosen it as the whole school theme for book week.. would love to find a theatre company who would come to visit us with a pirate themed production. Anyway your ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Can't wait till Bookweek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanking you in anticipation

Moo

We hid coins (big ones) in a wooden wheelbarrow for a treasure hunt, pin the tail on the parrot, and at my local school I (and a couple of other PTA members) sang/acted 'It's a Pirate's life for me'. . . what a laugh!

For the girls who aren't keen, we asked them to dress up as anything feminine, which bought in loads of those georgian style princess dresses - perfect!

Treasure maps for find the treasure were great - everyone got a chocolate penny for entering and a sticker for the winners so there weren't tantrums.

It's a great theme...oh yes, and we made a pirate flag and stuck it on the climbing frame, pretending it was a ship!

Enjoy, enjoy ;-)

We hid coins (big ones) in a wooden wheelbarrow for a treasure hunt, pin the tail on the parrot, and at my local school I (and a couple of other PTA members) sang/acted 'It's a Pirate's life for me'. . . what a laugh!

For the girls who aren't keen, we asked them to dress up as anything feminine, which bought in loads of those georgian style princess dresses - perfect!

Treasure maps for find the treasure were great - everyone got a chocolate penny for entering and a sticker for the winners so there weren't tantrums.

It's a great theme...oh yes, and we made a pirate flag and stuck it on the climbing frame, pretending it was a ship!

Enjoy, enjoy ;-)

Thanks for that, Loved the flag for the climbing frame idea! Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!

We did a Pirates theme a couple of years ago. The children loved it. We made pirate ships from balsa wood -they cut up their own wood and attached pieces together with hammer & nails or glue and then painted them. I was very nervous about the risks but we didn't have any accidents and they spent hours on them. We designed skull & cross bone flags and attached them to the ships and then attempted to float them in the water tray.

We did a Pirates theme a couple of years ago. The children loved it. We made pirate ships from balsa wood -they cut up their own wood and attached pieces together with hammer & nails or glue and then painted them. I was very nervous about the risks but we didn't have any accidents and they spent hours on them. We designed skull & cross bone flags and attached them to the ships and then attempted to float them in the water tray.

I like that one- sounds great fun :o

Ah ha! my favourite ever topic :o

just a quick idea- get the children to bring in a washing tablet soap box- small ones that open like a 'treasure box'. Cover in papier mache and paint brown/ gold. Add a little gold paper if you have some. inside fill with tissue paper. We used them for a circle time as we asked the childrent o bring in soething that they 'treasured' from home- e.g. photo of parent/sibling, or holiday momento, small toy etc. Children then shared their treasure boxes in a circle time and then we had them on display. We also made salt dough pieces of eight to put int he boxes too.

Wow - all of your ideas sound magic!

I was going to throw out some large cardboard boxes but i'll be keeping them for pirate ships to paint etc. Managed to get an artist in for a half day to work with us and a drama company who will do a pirate themed show and do some drama with us, on another half day

Anyone know of any good books or DVDs that would lend themselves to the theme? Thanx for your help!!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)