Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Standards For Daycare?

Our school is thinking of expanding into wrap around care for nursery aged children. As foundation Stage Manager, I am interested in finding out the standards for day care and how we could work in partnership. I am unsure if staff are required to complete observations etc and pass info on to nursery teachers? If anyone has any knowledge of this id be grateful. If this is in the wrong section would a kind person move it please, wasn't sure where to put it

Thanks xx

Hi Kat! When are you thinking of starting the wraparound facility? The reason I ask is that if it isn't before September, the document that you need to start referring to is the new EYFS framework - everything you need to know is in there, including the Daycare Standards. If you want to get started before then, the standards are available as a separate publication - you can order or download from here:

http://www.surestart.gov.uk/publications/?Document=153

Just shout if you need more help about what they mean in practice. If you're setting up from scratch, I reckon it would be easiest to do it from September, using the new framework.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)