Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Where Has The Weekend Gone

HI

so i decided that it was a wonderful idea to go to toys r us and spend some of the nursery fundraising money... with instruction to buy construction and table top activities i felt set and ready to go....

we arrived to toys r us at 12, had a quick nose round and then decided to get lunch at pizza hut, we had a quick wonder round mothercare then back to toys r us (now about 2 pm).... two trolleys full of toys later and lots of money spent we left toys r us at 4:30... can you believe it took us two and a half hours to choose toys.

we got an absoloute bargain in a wooden table that has a train track to it (table low level and lovely), reduced from £200 to £100, but bulky for car so we had fun getting it in.

on the half hour drive back home myself and friend (who is also a member of staff) decided it would be nice to go back to nursery to assemble the table.... now me, my friend and flat packed furniture does not go well together. it took us hours to assemble the table.... even we could see the funny side of putting the legs on upside down, but by god it was frustrating too xD

at eight o clock we decided to leave nursery (it loked like a bomb had dropped) so we vowed to go back today.... 11 am this morning and hey presto i find myself back at nursery, tidying away boxes (from all the toys), screwing the train to the table (this train set will be permenant, but we have another brio train that the children can still assemble :o ) and depositing and setting up toys in other rooms.....

nursery now looks lovely with the new toys, but i feel like i have had no weekend.....

myself and my collegue belive this is dedication for you, or maybe we are both mad and have nothing better to do than spend the weekend at nursery..... hmmmm, the jury is out on that one LOL

gee whizz, im tired now...

dawn

Sounds like you got a real bargain there! I'd love something like that at nursery, but its a bit of a risk buing things that don't fold up for storage. What did the children make of it when they saw their lovely new train table this morning?

Maz

I too spent most of my Sunday shopping for bits & bobs for the nursery.....and trying to locate the lead for a laptop.

Bet the nursery looks great.....did it keep the children occuppied for a while?????

:o Hmmmm, never thought of that LOL.... xD Although doubt id be able to claim it back because i wasn't asked to do it, i chose to do it (i'm mad i know LOL)

Dawn you are officially mad and dedicated but I guess that goes with the job!! Could you claim the lunch at Pizza Hut as a working lunch to compensate you a little, a token gesture to acknowledge your commitment.

:o The children absoloutly loved it. there little faces were a picture and the table was surrounded by children all day. All that could be heard from pre-school room was the sound of chilldren going "chooo choooo" as they moved the train round the track.

they played so nicely with it. ..... and when they discovered that the table had drawers in it a whole new game of 'hide the trains' was invented.....

I am so glad we brought it with the success it has had it was definetly a great investment that i am sure will have hours and hours and hours of play value for the children.

Dawn

Sounds like you got a real bargain there! I'd love something like that at nursery, but its a bit of a risk buing things that don't fold up for storage. What did the children make of it when they saw their lovely new train table this morning?

Maz

:o Some of us are too committed LOL, hope you found the lead to the laptop.

I too spent most of my Sunday shopping for bits & bobs for the nursery.....and trying to locate the lead for a laptop.

Bet the nursery looks great.....did it keep the children occuppied for a while?????