Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs "themes, Principles And Commitments

so sfater a long meeting with some of my collegues and managing director i think we now have our heads around how we are goign to plan when we begin to intorduce the eyfs. however as we areonly just beginnig to look at thefull pack we are a little bit confused as to where the " themes and principle" fit in.

my understanding of it is that the themes and principles underly everything that is done in the setting as is part of our ongoing good practice, so there is a theme on posititve relationships- paretns as partners this would always be done in the setting.

however because these themse are written on sepreate cards some of my collegues are getting confused as they are similar to the birth to three component cards so they seem to think these should be including on the planning? wereas my impression is that th planning comes from the early learnig goals and "stepping stones" or developmental stages as they are now known!!!!

what is your interpretation. thank god weve got eyfs training soon

I'll try to get back to you, but there are links in the form of 'coloured flags' on all the cards, so you can easily see how they connect.

Just carry on planning as you are, BTTM or FS!!

Sue

PS, the CD Rom is great!

we see the themes, principles and commitments are the underlying ethos of everything we do just as play is important to us so we use these to ensure coverage and its through our policy that these come out and as u said the developmental stages support our planning

the cards are there to help us ensure quality and we use to pick ideas but most of suggestions etc are already in place we might refer to one of these themes in our planning is applicable ie partnership new settling in procedure it is the use of the developmental stages that we are feeling anxious about showing the development progression as u we getting our heads around it and wondering why there been no support from authority yet

I don't see any need to include the themes and principles on weekly, or longer term planning, as they are things we should be doing all the time. With my staff, we took each set of cards from the four themes and discussed which bits we currently cover through our practice and policies, and noted down the other bits that we thought we could adapt for our setting, or take on board straightaway. This will form my development plan for the next year. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)