Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Leadership And Management

Hello,

I'm really sorry but I can't remember who wanted information regarding the difference between Management and Leadership. I promised that I would provide the information I recently received on a course but I can't find who wanted it. If you are reading this and it was for you, I hope you find this useful.

'Leadership is the art of getting things done well through other people' Danial Goleman.

Leadership= people focused - Develops, empowers, grows. Key words - vision, makes vision practical, communicates, takes responsibility, role model, creates a climate to allow others to achieve the vision, educates, motivates, inspires

Management = task force - plans, organises, monitors and evaluates, sets deadlines, deploys people and resources, reviews and modifies. (gets is done)

Leaders inspire, motivate and influence staff and pupils. They create effective teams.

Key principles of leadership - vision/direction, empowerment, alignment, modelling.

Leadership behaviours - challenge the process, inspire a shared vision, enable others to act, model the way, encourage the heart.

Sorry if this seems a bit jumbled but I have literally just copied out my notes for you.

Really hope you find this useful.

Boogie x

Edited by Guest

Hello,

I'm really sorry but I can't remember who wanted information regarding the difference between Management and Leadership. I promised that I would provide the information I recently received on a course but I can't find who wanted it. If you are reading this and it was for you, I hope you find this useful.

'Leadership is the art of getting things done well through other people' Danial Goleman.

Leadership= people focused - Develops, empowers, grows. Key words - vision, makes vision practical, communicates, takes responsibility, role model, creates a climate to allow others to achieve the vision, educates, motivates, inspires

Management = task force - plans, organises, monitors and evaluates, sets deadlines, deploys people and resources, reviews and modifies. (gets is done)

Leaders inspire, motivate and influence staff and pupils. They create effective teams.

Key principles of leadership - vision/direction, empowerment, alignment, modelling.

Leadership behaviours - challenge the process, inspire a shared vision, enable others to act, model the way, encourage the heart.

Sorry if this seems a bit jumbled but I have literally just copied out my notes for you.

Really hope you find this useful.

Boogie x

hi there boogie, thank you so much for all that information it is really going to help me as i have got my assessment on wednesday but u have given me some things to add onto what i have done that is a great help thank u so much.

Nursery nurse 35xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)