Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery Planning

Hi

After a recent ofsted inspection it was suggested we change to workstation planning with a chart showing all learning outcomes for each area clearly displayed on the wall.

Has anyone else done this and have any ideas?

Christmas is over and i am starting to think about next term.

:o

Hello Sarah, we had an introduction to The EYFS at our nursery and were shown a way of 'enabling environments'. Take for example messy play. We had a photo of a child engrossed in messy play in a box in the middle of an A4 sheet of paper. Around the photo we put 6 more boxes each with the heading of a curriculum area. In these boxes you write up all the learning intentions associated with messy play. You then display this in the messy play area. I wonder if this what OFSTED meant.

Hi,

Thank you for your answers I have now been looking back and the continuous planning seems to be what our inspector was talking about.

I have spent the day re-arranging the rooms to show workstations more clearly. The resourses on the site I found show clearly what is possible in each area.

Just need to put it all in place now.

Sarah

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)