Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Progress Towards The Profile

Is it a system that is just unique to Birmingham -or do you think they'll roll it out to any other interested authorities once it's been trialled?

Just to let anyone know in Brum who maybe using the Progress Towrds the Profile. You can now download the software from the BGFL website

http://services.bgfl.org/services/itcmis/assess_docs.htm

Thank you very much for the link to download PTtP. We are a special school in Birmingham, and just getting ready to work towards the new EYFS. The profile is very new to us so would appreciate some clarification.

Can the e-profile only be used for Foundation stage only as the rest of the school (KS1 upwards) use B squared?

Is there training availiable in using PTtP if so when are the dates? We as a schooll would appreciate support towards the EYFS.

All your help will be appreciated. Merry xmas! :o

Hi Wolfie

it's an optional Birmingham profile i.e Nursery's do not have to use it if they do not wish. It has already been trialled in Brum and is now available to those in Birmingham. As far as I understand there is no intention of rolling it out nationally. I know of a group of nursery heads who have written another type of profile that goes from Birth to Five but I am not sure whether that is available whether it is a trial or what?

Chali to fully answer your questions you need to phone the Martineau Education Centre and ask to be put through to the Assessment unit who will be able to help you further. I think there maybe more PTP training in the new year, but again the assessment unit will know for certain.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)