Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Threshold

Hi all i thought they had got rid of threshold? I first applied for it in 2004 and the external person(can't remember name) agreed with the head teacher and said i needed more experience in 2 areas. she said if i took on 2 subject areas i would then get threshold but surprise surprise i didn't. depsite a hell of a lot of work i give up and finally left the school, it knocked my confidence, but its finally back but i had forgoteen about threshold but it might be worth me finding out???????? what do you think

Sorry to hear about you and threshold. keep trying and bring in the union if it keeps being witheld. i have a colleague who passed her NQT year last year and should now be paid as qualified but the clever old head keeps observing her and giving her only satisfactory even though the previous year she got good and the head maintains she cannot be given her pay rise! You should not have to take on more responsibilty to obtain threshold as it is taken on your evidence of what you have done and are doing, I suppose they would view the fact that you are not doing enough. The trouble does'nt stop when you get through threshold though you still have to keep proving yourself to obtain ups 2 and 3. Try the unions they will advice you. Good luck :o

I suppose the only way round this is to make your threshold application so long winded and give so much evidence that they really can not deny you at all. If you are stating lots of things that prove you are doing this, then how can you not be achieving it???

And secondly as a NQT assessor- even if you are only getting satisfactory they can not hold back pay- she is not an NQT she is on the main scale- she should see her union!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Ger, if you are now in a new school, collecting the evidence can be tricky, althouhg not impossible, for the previous 2 years.

Its a good idea to find out current regulations and procedures, but if you think you have the evidence then go for it