Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Was It Cold Today?

Ok. Do you think it was cold today? And then to follow on, did you still have access to your outside areas avaliable for the children in your classes?

The other FS people I work with said it was "freezing" today, and as a result 2 of the 4 classes didn't take their kids outside at all. I was outside am and pm with my reception children! This is not an unusual occurance where I work. I feel fed up with them (1 is the coordinators class) and feel so sorry for their kids stuck inside all day.

However I thought I would ask you all what you thought about the weather today as maybe I'm being really unfair!

Amanda

Guest MaryEMac

We are in a playgroup and the children had the choice to go outside or not at both our sessions. As we were having an ofsted inspection we thought we ought to, so we got out our windy day box out and the children had great fun. As it was so cold they only had about 10 minutes out but they all had rosy cheeks when they came in. Two members of staff went out with them ( not me though!!)

Mary

It was cold today but lovely and dry after all the rain. I am a great believer in the saying 'there's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing'.

We were outside today, having said that, we would have been out for longer but after we had practised our nativity, including getting changed, and made christmas cards we had run out of time sadly.

The children didn't complain at all, they were busy having fun, running around outside. Mind you we are lucky to have a largish playhouse for them to take the wind off.

We had the wheeled toys out in the big playground today. Wellies on for the puddles and coats for the cold.

In the smaller playground we had blackboard/whiteboard, windy and rainy day boxes, musical instruments and investigation box (binoculars, magnifying glass etc).

On a table we had a small world dolls house with four children assessing this for at least an hour.

Three members of staff here today - two outside and one inside but swapping every 20 mins.

Must have stayed out for 1 1/2 hours total.

Too cold???? Wrong clothing!!!!

:o

Yes it was cold today. When I left home it was sunny, I then traveled 20 miles away to a cloudly afternoon of playing outside wraped up with my new coat, gloves and hat. Only problem was that my new coat zip got stuck and had to take it off over my head.

I got out at 6 pm to a very, very, cold car but I got my coat sorted out. On the way home I saw a house lit up by lots and lots of christmas decorations. I hope I can get a days work tommorow while its nice if not I think I may sort out my car, needs washing, t-cutting and vacing.

Beth

Yes, it was very cold here but we still went out.......4 members of staff today....2 inside & 2 outside. Wrapped up warm we had bikes, pushchairs, house, balls, sandpit, dinosaurs, chalk and sang christmas songs dancing to keep warm.

Its even colder today, I am glad I am at home today although my feet are cold as I am sat next to the big window with a lovey view. Will be wrapping up very warm when I go for the papers later on, its cold, cloudy but bright.

Beth

Its even colder today, I am glad I am at home today although my feet are cold as I am sat next to the big window with a lovey view. Will be wrapping up very warm when I go for the papers later on, its cold, cloudy but bright.

Beth

I agree beth1, the frost has not defrosted on the back lawn.....still went out to play today, did lots of energetic activities to keep everyone warm.

At least the sun shone.

I went out wraped up warm, did't stay out long. Birrr I can't belive its sooo cold looks like I will be getting up just a little bit earlier to de ice the car in the morning. Plus my feet are still frezzing, but struggled to do a little bit of coursework, well assgiment outlines so I can get on with them.

Beth