Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Any Ideas For Decorating A Frame?

Hi everyone,

For our calendars this year, we have taken a photo of each child in their christmas play costume. I am going to mount the photo on some lovely card and then attach the calendar to the bottom. I really wanted the children to decorate round the edge to make a frame for the picture, but I need some inspiration on really lovely ways to do it!

Any ideas would be very, very welcome! Thanks.

Hi,

What about the children decorating the frames with dried pasta shapes and then spray painting with gold or silver.

My partner teacher has done this and made mirrors from it. It looks really eye catching.

I really like the idea of using their pictures - lovely.

Vikkim

Hi everyone,

For our calendars this year, we have taken a photo of each child in their christmas play costume. I am going to mount the photo on some lovely card and then attach the calendar to the bottom. I really wanted the children to decorate round the edge to make a frame for the picture, but I need some inspiration on really lovely ways to do it!

Any ideas would be very, very welcome! Thanks.

If you have time to cut out a frame shape the children can "wrap" thin coloured ribbon (Christmas parcel ribbon is ideal) around and around until the who frame is covered it looks realy good and is great for fine motor development too.

That's a nice idea Marion. I can remember making a serviette ring at primary school by wrapping rafia around a bit of toilet roll tube!

(yes, you can use toilet roll tubes!! )

we have made lovely frames in the past by sticking on loads of the fake jewels you can buy from art suppliers (and theconsortium.co.uk......next day delivery if you order before 2pm AND request it).

Guest tinkerbell

How about hole punching the frame and letting the children thread it, with the thin shiny ribbon or wool...it could be iina running stitch or wrapped over the edge stitch.

Tinkerbellx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)