Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ideas For Topic Based Week - The Polar Express

Hello

We are officially off-curriculum next week but I still want to keep some kind of normality (!) so was thinking about basing the whole week around 'The Polar Express' story, and then perhaps watching it at the end of the week.

Does anyone have any creative ideas about activities to do with Year 2 that would keep them halfway sane so close to Christmas! Was thinking about getting out the builders tray and filling with ice cubes and polar creatures, but just wondering if anyone had any other bright ideas that I might not have the energy to think about this weekend?!

Thank you!

Hi, I was looking at the QCA science ice cube investgation this morning to link in with 'Polar Bear Polar Bear what can you hear?' I've also had a go at making maps from arists work on google images as we thought about Santa's journey. We did salt painting; squirting glue from a washing up bottle, dipping it in glue and painting wih powder paints. I think we could do with some hairspray before the pictures go home. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)