Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

They've Been And Gone!

Thanks everyone, in answer to Suzanne - yes believe it or not I am still going to leave the Leader's position to return to a setting where I worked a while ago.

I feel weird about it all especially after Ofsted and the wonderful result, but I know part of the reason for the result is I have worked my socks off, to the point of comprimising my large family, neglecting my studies and my life is generally a bit upside down. But I have proved I can do it and do it well, I feel proud of what I have done (Self therapy :(:o )

I have thoroughly enjoyed running the setting, and really setting up lots of practice that was not in place before. I feel proud of what I have achieved but know that realistically I will burn out and can't keep up this pace and do the degree.

I have had to forfeit Uni work for work work and if I carry on like that I won't get the work done.

I have had to prioritise, family first, study second, job third. It seems a little drastic, but it really was affecting my family, I was living and breathing pre-school and although I enjoyed it I couldn't commit to it with all of my other commitments.

I am returning to a setting to have less responsbilitites - there is still scope for me to plan and inform practice, the manager owns three settings and sees my eventual role as a co-ordinator for all three, it has been hard to give up the leader role but I know that given time I can take it up again, the manager is giving me scope to study first and keep hold of me to take it all back on when I graduate.

Back to sleepless nights with all of this going on, nevermind! :(

A huge thankyou for all your support and advice - I have no doubt that all the information I have gleaned from the forum help to get that Outstanding result.

Makes you wonder though, xD I had to nearly kill myself with paperwork to get it!!