Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Setting Sizes

Hi,

We are a 65 place nursery (65 morning and 65 afternoon), some children full time (those entering reception class in Jan) and some part time. We have 5 members of staff with 13 children in each group. Our building is quite old and is split over 3 large rooms. I feel we work really hard to provide children with a good learning environment. The problem I am having is planning for individual children - for example if it was my turn in the craft room (painting, sand, water, tactile, craft etc) I can observe and record what the children do. I could also decide what these children might need to do next. The problem is that these children may not access this area again for a week or so as it is free flow play. Other children may come and do something completely different. Is there anyone with similiar problems (although not sure if I have expressed this well). How do you plan for individuals when there are so many.

Any suggestions gratefully received

Thanks

Dominicabear

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)