Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Art In Foundation Stage

Hi I work in a reception class and would like to do some large scale art work based on famous artists. Has anyone any ideas who to start with? I would like to teach them some techniques that they could apply to other areas of their art work ( chrismas cards maybe?) while also completing a piece of art on a large scale xD I cant seem to find any info on this site although i am sure it is here somewhere :o Thanks

We did some Jackson Pollock type large scale pieces of art to cover three windows in pre-school. The children were given large paint brushes and a variety of different coloured paints which they threw on large sheets of paper. They thoroughly enjoyed it and we have disguised three grotty internal windows at the same time.

Linda

I've used Keith Haring when doing a 'Big Art' day. Incorporated P.E. into it as well (if you look at his work, you'll know what I mean!). We drew around backing paper using 'action poses' as templates, we did printing on top of some, we made a 'book of ten' (see website) and also did some sculptures. Children and adults all enjoyed! Type in Keith Haring in a search engine and it'll come up... there is a child-friendly website too for children to look at on IWB.

Marion your a star :( The Kandinksky pics look great but where do you start :o Sorry if i sound a bit vague xD This is my first job in reception so want to make a good impression but just cant think!!

The concentric circle one we used coloured squares and different sized tissue circles which the children glued one on top of another then glued onto the square. These were then stuck onto a rectangle background.

The diamond pattern is actually four paintings (using rollers) cut into quarters and then sections selected to make four new pictures.

This may not help, but might make interesting reading? Article here

Sue

A great article Sue thanks for the link.

for me it is more about the doing rather than working in the style of another artist. So if you take jackson Pollock it is about creating images using large movements. By all means show the children the work of some artists but also at child initated time an adult could work at their own interest in the art area and I bet you the children will want to watch an then join in. You can then teach them your tecnique and let them experiment. We need to ensure we have ll the necessary equipment to help them in this work.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)