Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Monitoring Writing

Hi. My head is monitoring writing throughout the school. Looking at boys writing and how the able children are stretched. I wondered if anyone had any super ideas that would impress. We are doing the letters and sounds, Oxford Reading Tree and have a writing area and access to small whiteboards and an large interactive whiteboard for the children to use. Ability wise i am quite pleased with them so far. Thanks

Are you Reception? Is the monitoring going to be a Literacy lesson or Child Initiated?

For using whiteboards the children can draw and label plans of models or labelled pictures when they are made (inside and out).

Kent have quite a lot of interactive games on their website. http://www.kented.org.uk/ngfl/games/

Just a couple of ideas, I am sure others will come up with loads of others.

We use Ros Wilson Big Writing throughout the school and have seen significant improvements in writing and especially motivating boys. In nursery and reception we start with a BIG TALK (if they can't say a sentence they can't write it!)

Evidence of guided writing so that you are modelling writing for them.? Access to words, maybe in the role play area or writing area, differiancated writing tasks, some maybe writing over a model, some under a model, some writing independent words, some using phonic knowledge to try to write words. Hope it might help ger

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)