Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Childrens Temperature Policies

Guest colechin

Guest colechin

Hi everyone does anyone out there have a policy on childrens temperatures if sick?. What the procedure should be and what the temperature has to be for a child, before they are sent home?

Thank you for your help.

i haven't got a policy because you can have to many policies, but if a child has any level of a temperature it is ill and goes home. I don't wait for it to reach a certain level. if the child is ill and you take a temperature then it shouldn't matter what it is if it is above normal then they are ill.

I'm very strict with my mothers, a child is either ill or not and I'm afraid they do love to say they looked alright when they got up or, that they gave them Calpol just in case.

I'm very black and white on illness. I always feel for the child because you know as an adult if you don't feel well you want to be at home, so the first sign of a child being unwell they go home immediately we can get the parent in.

sorry to sound cold but it is a bit of a soap box with me as I have lots of mothers who would love to palm their children of on us rather than have them at home because it makes life difficult. A child should be at home with its paents when ill.

you might try on the NHS website and see if they have a level, but I doubt it, a temperature can be such an easy thing to deal with if caught properly or can be very dangerous if not. Its the bodies way of saying its not well.

I don't know if any one else has a policy that sets a level, maybe someone else might give you a differnet answer, colechin so good luck

i haven't got a policy because you can have to many policies, but if a child has any level of a temperature it is ill and goes home. I don't wait for it to reach a certain level. if the child is ill and you take a temperature then it shouldn't matter what it is if it is above normal then they are ill.

I'm very strict with my mothers, a child is either ill or not and I'm afraid they do love to say they looked alright when they got up or, that they gave them Calpol just in case.

I'm very black and white on illness. I always feel for the child because you know as an adult if you don't feel well you want to be at home, so the first sign of a child being unwell they go home immediately we can get the parent in.

sorry to sound cold but it is a bit of a soap box with me as I have lots of mothers who would love to palm their children of on us rather than have them at home because it makes life difficult. A child should be at home with its paents when ill.

you might try on the NHS website and see if they have a level, but I doubt it, a temperature can be such an easy thing to deal with if caught properly or can be very dangerous if not. Its the bodies way of saying its not well.

I don't know if any one else has a policy that sets a level, maybe someone else might give you a differnet answer, colechin so good luck

I agree, if a child is ill the best place is home. I take a temperature and give Calpol. If the Calpol doesn't bring the temp right down or the child is still poorly, they get sent home. I think a temp of 38.5C is high and would monitor the child closely.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)