Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Oooooo Why Me

beth1

As some of you may know I have started a new job in the last couple of weeks.

Well all is not well, where can I start I have given in 2 new referees in which both have told me that they have sent one in each but the nursery are telling me that nothing as arrived can you contact them to find out.

Secondly I got told one thing and something else as happened and in this room I don't feel like I am a staff member. Plus today was the last straw, I had to urgently attend the doctors this morning which resulted in me having to have the morning off, the doc told me to have today off to get better but can go in tomoroow. I rang up and got told OFSTED turned up and they were short staffed. I have spoken to the manager who came across as not interested in what I had to say.

I have rung up ACAS for advice and support which was good, now I am wondering whiether or not to do it. Firstly they suggested to put in a grevience but of course I haven't been long enough so then they suggested that I ring up the jobcentre to see if i can recliam JSA. Then to hand in a weeks notice because of whats happened. So I rang up the jobcentre and they said also get out of there.

Now if I wrote a notice what should I say, its all got too much and my heads in a muddle. Anybody got any ideas?

Beth

Edited by beth1

Beth, I'm not sure you need to go into details.

Dear ....

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I wish to terminate my employment with you and I am giving you a weeks notice, as required.

My last day with you will be ....

Thank you for the opportunity to work with you.

Yours Sincerely

Thanks Susan, just hope I can get another job goodness knows what a new employer would say. I was thinking I had to termiate my employment beond my control. Plus I will not use them as a referee anyway as they seem to not be able to get old of mine.

Beth

Oh thats a blow beth xD

If I had a notice to hand in I think I would after today. Some places you only find out abbout when you try them.

Have you thought of talking to the manager about what happened beofre you resign? You seem fairly decided but sometimes people can be at crossed wires and a chat can clear the air. Not your fault they were short staffed with OFSTED though and I'm sure they would take an emergency into account.

I would also ask the referees to write directly to me if I was in the same position. Not sure if thats common practice.

Good luck :o

Well I have spoken to her a a few times and I keep getting the same response so I don't think another chat will sove anything at all. Maybe it isn't to be, Hayho it never rains but pours with me.

I have also spoken to my dads sister who also suggests that I cut my loses and leave. She is very up on legal things but is now retired, but still good if you need assistance. She thinks that if I talk to them again the same is going to happen and its better to say that I left the job because of reasons beond my control than saying well I did want to leave but...., other employers will most likey shun staying there than getting out. Plus she is thinking that even after a few chats nothing seems to get better (been suggesting what to say to them).

In fact to be trouthful I wasn't very happy to take the job in the first place. Plus both my refeees are supisous to what is happening to the references, they can keep going missing in the post every week. And apperently I am not allowed by law to recive references myself to pass on to people. I am getting highly supious about whats going on, I feel that they are trying to mess me around to get rid of me.

I just hope my never been to placement will take me back. I started the job the same week they were ready to let me come in.

Beth

Poor you Beth. At the end of the day, only you can decide what to do. In your heart you will know.

I agree that if you do hand in your notice, you should keep it short and sweet. They should really do an exit interview with you anyway, so if you wish to you can air your concerns in that.

Keep us posted.

Well I haven't done it yet been busy with ofsted. But I have talked to them again, they seem to be admiant that they have not reciceed any at all.

Spoke to one of my referees who as now said that they think I should leave and go back to working on supply. Plus they asked if I trusted them, well if I am honest no not really all of the refeneces they have sent out can't have gone missing in the post.

So I will have to amend the notice to give to them tommorow.

Beth

I have handed it in, kept it short and sweet as you said. They acepted it and I will be leaving on Friday. I am going to be looking after one of my parents for a short while whilst they get better (don't really want to talk about it) hopefully not for too long.

Beth