Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Firemen Visiting Today!

Guest MaryEMac

A few years ago we had a visit from the firemen and their appliance. After the children had had a look round the engine and sprayed the teacher's cars with the hose we all went back inside and one of the firemen put all his kit on to show the children what they had to wear. When he took it off, he asked the children if anyone wanted to try on his jacket. Complete silence from them but I volunteered,(couldn't help myself) :o . It was still warm from him wearing it and also very heavy. He just happened to be quite hunky as well. Thems the perks Wolfie. My staff have never quite forgiven me for beating them to it.

Mary

We had a visit this week from the firemen and their engine. They were going to come and do a talk about firework safety but that's not suitable or appropriate for mine so they agreed to come and let the kids have a go with the hoses and get in the cab! The men were great with the kids and most of my class loved it. A couple were a little frightened of the siren but fun was had by staff and children alike!