Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Friendship Week

Next week is anti-bullying week. Instead of focussing on the negative we're stressing the positive. We will make friendship bracelets to give to friends. Circle time - saying something nice about the person sitting next to you. Painting pictures of their friends. Writing the names of their friends on brick shapes to make a friendship wall. Writing the name of anyone who has done something nice today, putting them in a box - on Friday we'll count the number of names and have a special celebration. I have a nice story 'Is that what friends do?' I'd really like to do a poem, but can't think of one. I'd be grateful for any other ideas.

The Rainbow Fish story is good for the theme friendship.

Here is a link to one activity based on the book.

Rainbow fish friendship activity

I know I have seen a lot more ideas when looking this up last year, try a forum search for rainbow fish, and/or a google search for more activities.

enjoy :o

Peggy

Great ideas!! Thanks you just made my planning much easier.

As for poems try this site they have several I liked, especially 'If you're friendly and you know it' & 'Friend of mine'

www.tooter4kids.com/Friendship/poems.htm

Nicky

Thanks for the link Nicky but I can't find poems on it - it just pops up links to other sites where you can buy things. Am I missing something?

Sorry - try putting http:// infront - that seemed to work for me, I found the site originally by putting friendship poems for kids as a search in google. hope this works for you

Nicky

Thanks - got it now. It's not what I got up first.

We've also decided to make a poster of 'what makes a good friend'. Children have been interested in 'friendship' today, and some of them have been saying ..... has done something really nice/kind. Long may it continue!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)