Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Design Tech/ofsted

Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New to this and have got Ofsted coming in to look at Design Tecnology in school (have also recently been made DT Subject Leader, amongst many other things - lucky me). I know he's coming to see me in the afternoon with my Reception class. Not sure what to do.

Topic is on celebrations but have been told to do something for anti bullying so was thinking bout making cookies in morning (PSRN activity) and cutting them into flower shapes. Was going to decorate them in the afternoon. I have been told to do something with flowers (friendship flowers for anti-bullying week) Am also going to make frienship bracelets and friendship posters on the computer. The Creative table is always available anyway (for the technology side of things)

Is this horrific? Anyone got any ideas? Not sure if i should create a type of lesson plan for this (havent a clue what it would look like! Feel ill at the thought of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any help much appreciated, must go and create a DT subject Leader file, policy etc , etc!

Thanx

Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am also going to make frienship bracelets and friendship posters on the computer. The Creative table is always available anyway (for the technology side of things)

Is this horrific? Anyone got any ideas? Not sure if i should create a type of lesson plan for this (havent a clue what it would look like! Feel ill at the thought of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any help much appreciated, must go and create a DT subject Leader file, policy etc , etc!

Thanx

Design technology in reception is covered under creative/knowledge understnad of the world areas so you can link your friendship braclets under this area. You wil be encourging children to

*choose from a range of resources

*think about ways of joining materils together- are they going thread beads/twist or plait material?

*ways of added beads/threading/sticking-gluing, threading, sellotape, tying

*measuring cutting thread or material-how big do they need it to be, can they all have same size.

*thinking about what they want it to look like/use camera at end to record results/what would have worked better etc.

Its all problem solving and thinking soloutions out-does that help?

I have to admit to being uncertain how that reflects DT in Reception.

You would at least need to have a cutting activity, I would have thought---tools?

Good luck.

Thanx Susan

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)