Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery Nurses

Guest pollycop

Guest pollycop

In my maintained Nursery I have two Nursery Nurses who are salaried. In school the teaching assistants are paid hourly. My new head teacher is finding it difficult to understand why the NNEBs have a different contract. I have explained that their contracts were negotiated with the LEA by the unions but she needs more information. Any ideas how I can justify/explain this further?

I do remember there being a general issue about this or something similar but I cant remember the details but I think there will also be a difference in terms and conditions and that will account for the different pay structure. Does you head want to pay the NNs less or the LSAs more???

I am a nursery nurse working in school and we are on a hourly rate. I think its about £16,000 a year pro rata this breaks down to about £9 an hour .

some of our wage is kept back each month so we are paid a wage in the holidays.

We do not get a retainer in the six weeks holiday so its unpaid leave.

We also are contracted to go into school for the 5 training days.

Which local authority are you in.

Also the nursery nurses are qualified and have had to have at least two years training, .

I have also worked as a teaching assistant and as such do not have to have any out of house training.

This could be reflective in the wages.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)