Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Any Applying For The Threshold This Year?

Ok, so I'm going to be applying to go through the threshold this coming year. My head has made it rather clear that it wont be easy and isn't a given so I'm being good and trying to make a start on it already so I know what I have to do. However, in good old tradition, just as I get to something, they change it! Threshold forms are different this year because of the new standards.

Just wondered if anyone else is going through it and if you've got any help or anything!

Why is it always me that gets the changes?!

sorry but when i did my first threshold it was the first batch pre changes but i do have what i wrote somewhere if it helps do you have to keep a portfolio now? think your head being bit strict we all deserve to make hat next step up so much hard work goes into just surviving as a teacher

have you got the standards Nichola? Thats a good place to start, you just need to show how you are achieving those standards and what you are stating for evidence. Any yo are not sure about ask away, IM sure between us we can help

Hi guys. I've got a copy of them at work yes. Going to read through them carefully in part of my PPA tomorrow morning.

Just felt like she was saying, oh don't be expecting it Nichola. Felt like she was saying that I'm not good enough.

haver you got the threshold guidance from you union or teachernet? I think it includes a sample application form.

If you think your HT may be a bit awkward, make sure everything is spot on, so its difficult for him/her to not approve if you do meet all of the standards. presumably you have successful performance management reviews from the past 2 years, thats a really good start.

I had a good performance management last year and we've just had one now which is ok too. It's just going to be so much work and I get the impression she's going to be going through my stuff with a fine tooth comb.