Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Literacy Planning

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me. The first half of this term I have been exploring phase 1 of Letters & Sounds with my class with regards to literacy, while they have been settling in. I am totally happy using the Letters & Sounds but am totaly confused as to what to do in conjunction with this with regards to literacy planning. My school is trying to use the New Primary Framework and so whereas I felt quite confident with my planning I am now finding I am totally "at sea". Would anyone be willing to give me an example of their long term planning so I can see how to organise myself for the rest of the year before I have a melt down?? I would be grateful for anything even if it is not in line with the framework.

Many Thanks,

Nellie

Nellie, my immediate reaction to this is why do you need to change?

If you were happy with what you were doing before what is it that makes you unhappy now?

Remember it is CGFS that is the statutory document not the framework and if you are using that and planning to ELGs aren't you doing what you need to?

Nellie, my immediate reaction to this is why do you need to change?

If you were happy with what you were doing before what is it that makes you unhappy now?

Remember it is CGFS that is the statutory document not the framework and if you are using that and planning to ELGs aren't you doing what you need to?

Yes, my problem is is that my school expects certain aspects ie. literacy planning to be the same throughout the school. As you know it does not work like that for Reception , I think I am going to have to stand my ground.

Many Thanks !

Hi Nellie. I plan to the ELGs but then cross-reference to the Framework's Core Learning statements. That way I can prove that I've covered all the stuff although I don't follow, and haven't even looked at, the unit thingies that people talk about, partly because the last time I looked there weren't any for Reception! Here's a plan from last term - can't post one for this term as I have a student so my planning is thin on the ground! week_6.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)