Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early Years And Primary Exhibition

I went to the Early Years and Primary exhibition in Manchester today with my deputy manager. We do this every year, have lunch and a laugh! Have bought far too much stuff and spent more than I planned to! :o I did buy Let's go Zudeo and Mouse Music on recommendation from members on the site. We had a really good day and I am looking forward to using our new equipment in pre-school.

Linda

yes yes yes :D

I was there on Sat and it was fantastic.

The seminars were excellent. I only wish I could send all the KS1 staff on Penny Tassoni's Writing in the early Years -course. it was heart warming to sit in a room with similar minded people. I wish teachers, parents and others would just allow chidlren to play and have a go rather than inisting on there being an end product every time.

Anyway, I spent too much of my own money [have to hide the receipts] before my husband finds out :o

I wonder why early years staff end up buying resources for theri chidlren. Yr 5/6 teachers never buy note books and pens for theirs- do they?

I'm come back with ideas to make up felt board sotries etc. Now to find the time xD

yes Linda, it was excellent

I was there on saturday too!! I spent a lot (too much)of my own money and went to 2 of the seminars- one about creativity in the curriculum and the other about play environments. Both were very interesting. Show wasn't as big this year though was it? Still very good.

Oh Leo

I think Penny Tassoni is a real inspiration!!! I went to her seminar last year at the London exhibition, "Emergent writing skills in the foundation stage"

It was superb!!!

I wish all my colleagues could have gone too!! :o

yes Geraldine

I came home and went on at length about checking children for clockwise hand movemnts whiile waving scarves. Penny says that these children may need more help with writing direction when it comes to anticlockwise letters- a, c, d etc etc. I was going through the alpahbets when my husband sid disgustedly :o - I can write properly you know xD

But it was so exciting to come back formt he exhibition with such small but positive and implementable ideas. :D

I bought two of the little books by Featherstone education-parachute play and circle time. There are some lovely ideas in both. Our parachute play had got very boring, at least I thought so. We really needed inspiration and this book is brilliant!

Linda

I bought two of the little books by Featherstone education-parachute play and circle time. There are some lovely ideas in both. Our parachute play had got very boring, at least I thought so. We really needed inspiration and this book is brilliant!

Linda

I got 2 of those books too! I got the one on role play, as it's always good to have a few more ideas up your sleeve and one on maths. I already have quite a few of them as I think they are a brilliant resource. I didn't see one on parachute play, I'd have picked that up as my class love playing with it!

Hi Nichola

There is an excellent book called "Making Waves" by Jenny Mosely available. Its a little more expensive than the Featherstone Little Books but I think under £10. Haven't seen the Featherstone one so can't compare them.