Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ict Help!

Hi everyone, I know it's Friday and I should be relaxing but been given task by HT. I am the new ICT co-ordinator (and NQT!) and have been asked to come up with a skills progression from FS/KS1 -2 and then look at SOW other then the QCA as teachers are not happy with it - lack of challenge etc

Please help - if anyone has any ideas or their own skills progressions/suggestions for SOW I would really appreciate it - don't know where to begin!

I use the Kent website too.

Another fab website of ideas for ICT in foundation is the homerton nursery (Cambridge) website.

http://foundation.e2bn.net/

I too will be watching replies by others, as I am also the ICT coordinator in a school struggling with the QCA units.

Beth

Thanks for all the replies - the links have been really useful. Any further support would be appreciated... just as an extra - this forum is so much friendlier than other well known sites! Thank you!

x

We contacted the Secondary school most of our children will transfer to and asked them what skills they wanted the children to have which greatly reduced the expectations of the QCA so it might be worth arranging a meeting before developing a new SOW.

• 5 months later...

Hi I have recently completed my induction as an NQT and have also been told you are not supposed to be given extra responsibilities during this year. I feel for you. I have just joined the site and am impressed so far. I am hoping to find some good ICT ideas here. Thanks.

HI

I should be relaxing on my holiday But here I am too 'catching up'! I downloaded these skills as the staff at my school wanted something more 'concrete' to work from. I can't remember where I got them from! I 'tend to follow links and forget where I started from! It may be that some one has already seen them and sent them to you. If not take a look. I used them as a strating point and 'tweaked' them to suit our children (I work in a special school). The author is on the properties so you can acknowledge them. Hope this works as I've never attached something before!

Cheers and good luck

Bev

skillslist.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)