Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Personal And Professional Development Portfolio

hi guys! anyone got any tips on what i should be thinking about putting in my portfolio? mind gone blank, and really want to start getting this together, hope everyone else doing the FD are going ok. :o

hi guys! anyone got any tips on what i should be thinking about putting in my portfolio? mind gone blank, and really want to start getting this together, hope everyone else doing the FD are going ok. :o

Your college should have given you guidance on what to include. Ours needed an up to date CV, evidence of training attended, reflective log, notes of Guided Professional Discussions (not sure if your FD has these - but basically the candidate is set a task to research/investigate and the Mentor would discuss the findings and how it might impact on practice - or how the candidate meets certain criteria etc). Also, notes of tutorials to discuss progress/areas of concern etc. You might also include feedback from marked assessments etc.

If you're not sure what to put in it why not ask your tutor?

Hope you're enjoying your foundation Degree - it was the best thing I ever did!

Maz

we also had to do a personal statment about who we are ,a bit on background, why we wanted to do degree and where we wanted to be in the future.

Flosse

we also had to do a personal statment about who we are ,a bit on background, why we wanted to do degree and where we wanted to be in the future.

Flosse

We had to do this for our BA PDP too. Apparently there has been some study in one of the Ivy League universities in America which followed a group of graduates to see how many of them realised their ambitions. Half the sample wrote down their aspirations and half just verbalised them. Apparently the percentage of those who realised their dreams was much higher amongst those who wrote them down than amongst those who just said what their aspirations were.

So we have been asked to write a personal 'mission statement' to set ourself some personal and/or professional goals for the future.

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)