Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Carol Concert

Guest colechin

Guest colechin

Hello everyone.

I help run a small village Nursery. we have 16 children who's ages range from 2 to 4 years old.

The Nursery would like to be more involved within the village so I have been talking to the local over 60's club and they would love the children to sing Christmas carols/songs to them.

Due to the young age group I have and I know as soon as the children have an audience they will clam up and not sing, I have suggested that we invite parents along too and everyone in the audience has a song sheet so they can join in.

So, now I need your help. Could you please suggest Christmas songs that I know the children will learn quickly and hopefully songs that they can sing along with the audience.

I know 'When Santa got stuck up the chimney', 'Twinkle Twinkle little star', 'We wish you a Merry Christmas' and 'Away in a Manger' but I'm sure that you know lots more.

Yes, for some of you it may be too early to think of Christmas but I feel that we need to start the children singing the songs soon.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank-you

I can recommend 'Nursery Rhyme Nativity' published by Golden Apple. Also there's a song called 'Stars shine Bright' on this website:

http://www.nancymusic.com/Gunghayplay.htm

We used this with props at a local home last year. It went down really well because the service users could join in with the children. The nice thing about the site is that there are ideas for props etc to support each song,as well as the music sheets and mp3 downloads. We loaded the songs on my ipod to practice and performed it live to guitar accompanimnet, but you could do it from an ipod, burn a cd etc if you don't have an instrumentalist.

What a nice idea. With my 4yr olds this year we are using Nursery Rhyme nativities which has 3 plays in it but the best thing is that all the songs are familiar nursery rhyme tunes with new words. eg

Twinkle twinkle little star

Frightened sheep go baa, baa, baa

Up above the sky so bright

Letting in God's heavenly light

Twinkle twinkle little star

Now we know just what you are.

Some of the songs are too long but they can be easily cut down. We are quite excited about it and hope it'll be effective and take the pressure off usa bit !!!

I got the book off Amazon.

Hope this is useful,

Rosie

Guest colechin

Thank-you to everyone who has answered my post.

I will look into everything this afternoon.

Great site, sorry I posted it originally in the wrong area. First time I have posted.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)