Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Halloween Party

Well we've been invited to a halloween party tomorrow night, children and adults.

Hubby is soooooo reluctant to 'dress up' so any ideas for fab costumes, ( not commercially bought), little fuss with good effect please.

I have face paints and nothing else. :o

Ideas for me too, apparently witches are banned the host thinks this is too easy, non creative option for the ladies xD

The children are easy, four horrors without a hint of make-up ( I jest :( ) It's just the adult costumes I can't think of.

Peggy

Old favourite

Black clothing with various limbs bandaged with blood seeping through if not going too over the top could add walking stick and limp.Box of chocolates in hand.

Sign on back...

...and all because the lady loves milk tray!

(OK so you have to be of a certain age to get it but I did say it was an OLD favourite)

great ideas everyone, keep them coming. :( ( love the Milk tray one, and yes I am old enough to remember)

I was thinking of us all going as the Addamms family ( hubby suit acceptable to OH !) Now all my children are sulking and arguing about costumes, they don't want face paints, or to 'look' silly. They want a trip to Asda and spend loads of money :o

I've explained that the party is cancelled unless they join in with my ethos of halloween, to create an idea, and a costume to dress up in, made from old clothes, materials etc and not a plastic cape and vampire teeth from the shops!!

Moan over, so ideas to inspire the children as well xD:(:(

Peggy

Bandages and blood that way you can gag them if they are still complaining :(:o:(

Must admit I am seriously thinking of popping down to preschool to raid the First Aid box ( never used in 7 yrs), but knowing my luck don't want to tempt fate as I still have one more term before I close. xD

very tempting to 'gag' them all though. :(

Peggy

great ideas everyone, keep them coming. :( ( love the Milk tray one, and yes I am old enough to remember)

I was thinking of us all going as the Addamms family ( hubby suit acceptable to OH !) Now all my children are sulking and arguing about costumes, they don't want face paints, or to 'look' silly. They want a trip to Asda and spend loads of money :o

I've explained that the party is cancelled unless they join in with my ethos of halloween, to create an idea, and a costume to dress up in, made from old clothes, materials etc and not a plastic cape and vampire teeth from the shops!!

Moan over, so ideas to inspire the children as well xD:(:(

Peggy

Americans have it so organised - general dressing up from what I can gather. So fairies, American footballers etc are all acceptable. Personally I'd wear a huge white duvet cover with holes for arms and eyes... but then I don't need any excuse to cover up my less than perfect figure...

Maz