Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

People Who Help Us, Please Help!

Hello,

Does anyone have any outdoor ideas for the topic 'People who help us' please?!! I am doing fire fighters and have thought about dressing up/climbing up ladders/sliding down fire pole but am struggling for other ideas. Also thinking about police/opticians etc... my mind has gine blank so any help would be great!!

Thanks

Couldn't you be dustbin men recycling!!.... or someone who helps people cross the roads then you could talk about road safety and act it out. You could be vets at a farm.... i'm not sure i will give it some thought!!!

What about going to Asda and picking up their flourescent tabards that someone (sorry cannot remember who it was) here said were going for £2.50 for 5. Brings a whole load of play - ambulance men, roadsweepers, fireman, police, refuge collectors, tree surgeons, in fact nearly everyone now has to wear a bright coloured tabard, from the crossing patrol person to the road sweeper - might be good for a playground clear up.

Nikki

Find out from the children their parents occupations, maybe some work in this area, and ask children who they know about, what experiences they have had already from people who have helped them and their families. then go from there, involve the children in the planning. :o

Peggy

We had the local community police woman and man visit us last term...after the children showed interest outside playing police role play..which then led us to road safety....then led us to other people who help us. So you see planning through child initiated play is easy!!!!

post-8412-1193381346_thumb.jpg

post-8412-1193381491_thumb.jpg

Our milkman came and to chat to the children - had some free samples of yoghurt and cheese for them and talked a bit about healthy eating...in a very informal sort of way! He also brought his milk float and let the children have a good nosey round. It was great! :o

We also had a visit from the nurse at the village surgery, who bandaged everyone up!

Edited by Wolfie

Our milkman came and to chat to the children - had some free samples of yoghurt and cheese for them and talked a bit about healthy eating...in a very informal sort of way!

A baker from a well known company visited my kid's school before half-term. They got to make healthy sandwiches and all came home with a loaf of milk bread. They really enjoyed it - and I got 3 loaves of bread, can't be bad!

Sally

Ooops, sorry littlemisssunshine, I've just reread your post and ralised that you wanted ideas for outdoor play! I hioe that my suggestions were useful insome way anyway!! :o

Hello!

My children found it fun to convert large card boxes into police cars etc.. which they could wear- standing inside the box, with string handles which hung from their shoulders, thye could be the driver of the 'vehicle', introduce walkie talkies and the talk in role was there not just the runnng around in high speed chases!!

If you have big toy time- bikes etc.. invite the children to issue speed tickets/ driving test forms etc- so many children wrote/ mark making in response.

We also had vets/ animal rescue with soft toys with bandages etc.. in response to the story 'Prince Siddharta & the Swan' (Buddhism)

Percy Park Keeper- after the storm- build home for wild animals (soft toys) using blocks etc..

Hope these ideas are useful :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)