Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning Sheet For Mixed Year 1 /rec Class

Can anyone help please? Would anyone be kind enough to share a planning format for a mixed year 1 and reception class (both short-term and longterm).I need to have an idea of the kind of headings I might need as I have not taught a mixed age group before. I presume that the sheet will need to have a learning objectives column somewhere for both ages groups. Many thanks for reading this. Any ideas are most welcome!!

I have been teaching a mixed YR/Y1 class for 3 years now, and at the beginning trying to get the planning on a sheet was a nightmare. I have tried so many different ways and have continued to change them as none of them seemed to work for me. First I tried a Lit sheet, a Num sheet and an everything else sheet. They had the bog standard sort of headings - objectives, main teaching for YR and Y1, group activities, then i had to add a column for activities which were out linked to the teaching,but that the children accessed on their own. This just didnt work, i spent a year fiddling around with the sheets and still couldnt get them so they were any use to me and wasnt really sure why i was doing them. Anyway for a year I have now been using a day book - I just write the main teaching in it (usually quick carpet session as I mainly teach through groups, and only really do whole class if we're talking about a text and i don't want to read it 4 times) and what the groups I'm teaching are doing (I do a separate sheet for my TA). I find this has worked really well for me. I plan each night for the next day using my observations from that day to inform what i'm doing the next day. Hope that makes some sense.

I can show you planning for mixed yr 1/2 if that helps, otherwise go to www.hamilton-trust.org.uk it is a good site for mixed age planning but you do have to make a donation to join.

I hope this helps

Suzy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)