Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Lettters Home To Parents

I have been asked to draft a format for a regular information letter/booklett for parents.

Has anyone got one to share so I can see the format amd what to include.

I want it to be informative but not too formal and to look appealing to read.

As ICT isn't my strongpoint I would really appreciate some ideas.

Thanks. :o

Sunshine what do you mean by a regular information letter/booklet? Is the booklet about anything specific e.g. outdoor play or do you mean something more general? Our nursery send home a 'Nursery News' letter to each parent every friday for the upcoming week. This informs them of what the focus will for that week will be and informs them of any little trips they will be going on that week (they try to get out each week), also thank any helpers for coming in and celebrates any major achievements, etc.

If you have publisher look at the templates for newsletters you just have to change the writing the layouts are all done for you and you can delete bits that you don't wnat or print in grayscale so its not using coloured ink.

I do mine and have played around with a standard format, and put in what I want also if I have a bit that I want repeated each time then you can easily save what you already written and don't have to keep writing bits out.

Good luck and don't be afraid to play around with them. if you make a mistake just press the go back/undo button, and don't forget to save every now and then.

Steph

I was going to say the same as Steph - Publisher is a godsend! I'm really not good with computers but managed to produce a regular newsletter that the parents enjoyed using one of those templates.