Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Clld Planning

Hi :0) New to this forum and still finding my way round and learning how it works - so bear with me!!! :0) Really would like someones help and advice about planning for CLLD sessions. At the moment I do a phonics session and a CLLD input with small group activities. Please could someone tell me what planning they follow that links in with the new framework. I have had a look at the DSC (I think that's what it is) where they give the overviews of the different aspects to cover but there is no time frame on them to suggest how long to spend on each aspect! So do you split it up over the course of the year?? Really confused. So any help, advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you for that Susan. So much pressure from co-ordinators to be following the new framework! Just concerned I am not planning properly!!

As the new framework is now ELG friendly, you will be using the framework if you identity those within your planning? I always indicate the end stage, even if my activity will only go part way towards it.

Remember that there is a wording change within the linking and sounds section. Concentrate on phonics.

So its okay to use the clld sessions to reinforce what we are learning in phonics - eg letter formation, blending and segmenting, writing simple cvc words - since we are in the latter stage of phase 2 in linking sounds and letters, as well as having a separate phonics session?? Not sure if that makes sense? :oxD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)