Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Yeeh Finally Getting Sorted

beth1

Well I have some good news at last, I have started a work trial type thing with a local day nursery. xD I will be doing this for a couple of weeks and maybe a job at the end of it. I am doing 4 days per week, working in preschool, it is preschool room leader but maybe deputy nursery manager if I can do a good job. :o They have been intrucing me as the person to go to when the other 2 are not in the nursery. It has been a strange couple of days, I don't want to post stuff on here but it is going to be a chanllenging role once I settle in. I will be on here for your support in future (if I get the job of course).

On another note I may have a different job offer working across 3 nursies but haven't come back yet. And I never anything back from other interviews a copule of weeks ago, I asume that the letters are in the postal system somewhere.

I will keep you posted on the developments of any jobs.

Beth

Hey Beth, good news, maybe it will be like the proverbial buses, none for ages then all come along at once, you'll be spoilt for choice. :o

Peggy

Well now for the bad news, I am off ill with sickness and dirarea (sp) and I don't think it went down well with the nursery from the tone in the telephone call this morning. Well I ended up going to the docs who asked me a few questions and thinks thats where it has come from.

I haven't heard anything about this other job as of yet.

Beth

You can't help being ill Beth - the setting need to stick to their sick policy, so shouldn't want you in anyway. It is always disheartening as a manager when a staff member rings up sick - just because you have an initial panic wondering how you are going to staff it - but it's just something that they have to get on with. Perhaps you were the 4th person that day! :o

Make sure you take the correct time off work, and good luck for when you go back.

Oh no I though I was better but no I still have the bug :( , rang up nursery (being very applocatic (sp) don't know why) and that more staff are of ill with this bug. :o I wouldn't care but I am fed up of it now. Heee on a funny note I may now not be able to attend my counis evening wedding reception on Saturday, soorrryyyy I can't help getting ill! xD

The other job I mentioned to you, well there is now been a change in the nursery and they can't offer me a job at the present time. I interview very well and they have keep me on file for future vancancies.

Beth

Well the trial as ended they don't want me. xD Well thats fine by me I don't want them eaither, I have better principles than that! :( Never mind having a stomach bug for the last 3 days and I know exacly where and how I cought it as thats the only place I have been in recently. :o

Anyway as one of my college friends told me, you will know when its the right job, because you will feel at home there. :( and do you know what she's right. In the 2 days I was there it didn't feel like the right job for me, however I think I learnt a great lession of knowing that my knowladge is up to date and I should be finding setting which support me that are possibly senior/deputy positons in childcare. :(

Beth