Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nvq3

:o:) I am struggling with c5.5 enable children to develop a positive self-image and identy,i was looking for ideas as to what evidence i could use for c5.5,7 signs of extremely low self-image and negative and disturbed identy devlopment can anyone please help.

In our nursery, we use digital photos of the children a great deal; seeing themselves as part of a wall display, taking part in nursery activities really boosts their self-esteem. Also, each child has a "special book" where we stick their "work", photos, comments from staff (and parents), and we regularly share this with each child, talking about how much they have achieved, asking for their input, and so on.

We also put up little displays that show each child's qualities, eg a caterpillar (with child's name on the head),made up of 8 circles stuck together, and on each circle write a positive thing about that child. We tend to stick the caterpillars (or anything else we have decided to use) up on the wall blank at first,and we write on them with the child. For example, if a child did something kind, we would say "That was a really kind thing to do, Freddy. I'm going to write how kind you are on your caterpillar". Then, in view of the child, we would write "I am kind to others" on one of the circles.

Sandra,

Hi!

In answer to your question, if you do not have any children currently exhibiting such signs,and I hope you don't :o , you need to perhaps write some kind of note detailing likely signs of low self esteem or disturbed identity development, or write a case study based on a hypothetical situation. Has your Assessor not given you any guidance here? As an Assessor myself, if a candidate is struggling with this sort of pc, I normally set a case study for them, or question verbally during an assessment. As there is no requirement for this pc to be directly observed this should be sufficient.

Hope this helps :)

Sue :D

Hi helen we have something similar to your books,we use a scrap book for sticking the childrens work into.We also use this to list their achievements,i hadnt thought about using this,thank you very much for the advice.I am very grateful. :o

:) Hi sue i took your advice as well and spoke to my assessor,who had some questions that i can use,she also had some case studies that i am going to work through. Thank you for your help I am very grateful.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)