Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Role-play Opticians

Has anyone got any worksheet/resource ideas for a role play opticians? I feel i'm a bit thin on the ground searching for suitable resources here and perhaps should have visited my high street opticians for ideas beforehand. Any ideas would be very gratefully recieved.

Helen

I made up some eye charts with letters larger going smaller, capitals etc and put on the wall for letter recognition. I also printed off some posters of guide dogs. Made up coloured glasses with transparent coloured lenses. Opticians will give you old childrens glasses if you ask - also ask parents to let you have their old sunglasses - they seem to go out of fashion really quickly - large one season, small another. I also purchased some cheap £1 reading glasses and removed the lenses, lots of mirrors - I also made up signs and posters, appointment cards. Had feely bags and blindfolds and played lots of games in circle time our eyes closed or blindfold on - who's got the kings keys. Guessing who has the tambourine - they all seem to cheat though. Lots of feely things and pictures of people with glasses all downloaded from the internet. HIding things in boxes or making up film canisters with two items that sound the same and try to get them to guess the matching pair.

Hope you can do something with this

Nikki

I made up some eye charts with letters larger going smaller, capitals etc and put on the wall for letter recognition. I also printed off some posters of guide dogs. Made up coloured glasses with transparent coloured lenses. Opticians will give you old childrens glasses if you ask - also ask parents to let you have their old sunglasses - they seem to go out of fashion really quickly - large one season, small another. I also purchased some cheap £1 reading glasses and removed the lenses, lots of mirrors - I also made up signs and posters, appointment cards. Had feely bags and blindfolds and played lots of games in circle time our eyes closed or blindfold on - who's got the kings keys. Guessing who has the tambourine - they all seem to cheat though. Lots of feely things and pictures of people with glasses all downloaded from the internet. HIding things in boxes or making up film canisters with two items that sound the same and try to get them to guess the matching pair.

Hope you can do something with this

Nikki

Thats great Nikki, thanks.

I have set up the area and made some resources - with the children's help. The idea of going to the opticians for some old glasses is a good idea and will try at the weekend. The children are really enjoying the area and spending a good deal of time in there. You've given me inspiration to make further developments.

Thanks again

Helen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)