Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning Software

Is anyone out there using Primary Complete - Skills factory software (produced by Granada) to do their planning. My school has just bought the package and demanded that all year groups begin doing maths planning on it. In the FS our planning was cross curricular already and it seemed a backward step to take out numeracy and put it into a different format. So I have had to take the major step of trying to put all our short term plans for the 6 areas of learning into the software. I'm finding formatting it a nightmare. I'm told (by my SMT colleagues) that eventually all the headaches will be worthwhile as it will make planning much easier - it will all be networked and shared across the school, progression in learning will be made obvious and we will be able to use it to do our assessment and reports. Meanwhile ........ Any help or thoughts would be immensely welcome!

Sorry for rambling on.

Angela

HI!

We have Curriculum complete but I haven't managed to master it for Reception.

Yr1 & Yr2 have started using it but they're not terribly impressed and I haven't seen the results, so can't help much. I' ve been trying to ifnd out how different the Early Years Complete version is, Curruculum Complete just has steeping stones numbered really and no resources.

Good luck

Thanks for the reply Susan.

Early Years complete has all the statements from the Foundation Stage Guidance and allows you to access National Curriculum statements too. However I'm not sure how they were input onto the system. So far we have discovered a couple of funnies: EG Early Learning Goal 21 in PSE states: 'Have a developing respect for their own cultures and beliefs and those of other people and meet her uncle.' Ho hum!

I think I have figured out one aspect of the formatting today - though not how to fix it - when you add text to a column it centres it vertically, this makes it impossible to line things up across the table. :o

Angela

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)