Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Weekend Bear

Hello. I am in the process of getting a teddy bear ready to send home at weekends. Does anyone already do this?....I'm sure lots of people do.....! I am trying to think of things to send home in the bag with the bear. Any ideas? I have a bear, a teddy bear for the bear! a bedtime book, toothbrush and a diary to write in. Thanks.

Guest Wolfie

That sounds about right to me! We had a dog who went home with all his bits and bobs - I put all his possessions in a little suitcase with his name on - you can get them cheap in places like Au Naturale. One word of advice - give the parents some guidelines on how much detail you want them to write in, in the diary. Some of my parents got a bit competitive and wrote pages when really all we wanted was a few lines to aid discussion! I always felt sorry for the next parent who received the diary after there had been a mammoth entry in case they thought they'd got to follow suit!! :o

Good luck - let us know how it goes!! xD

We have a bear that goes home, and the children absolutely love him. I bought a weekend suitcase out of poundstretcher that he fits in, he has spare clothes (either baby clothes or bear factory clothes), toothbrush, a letter from bear to children with suggestions, and a laminated sheet with ideas for parents, and his diary.

I've just been sorting him out for my new class to start taking him home, and have discovered that someone has put an extra bear in the bag, presumably the bear's teddy! and a pair of baby swimming trunks! Oh what a life he's been leading!!!

We have a rabbit that goes home. She is in toy dog carrier. Our parents/children add things to her wardrobe e.g. one parent knitted a jumper as it was getting cold.

We do ask them to write a few words but some do write a few pages. One even wrote one page per day and they took her home on wednesday.

We did have a funny one when the parent wrote he was not interested in the toy but he did use it to shoot his gun at. Not quite what we were after but thats what they done together.

Guest Wolfie

Well ours was "Scruffy Dog" and one of the parents wrote about how he had been getting friendly with their own dog and she thought it might be the start of a big romance!! Sometimes I think the diary was a good outlet for some frustrated would-be authors and comedians!! :o

Hello,

we send a disposable camera out with our teddy, ask for a photo with child and a photo showing one of the things they have done together. These photo's then go in Ted's photo album. The children seem to love it.

Sally.