Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nvq 4, Regulations For Lifting

Hello, please can anyone help where can i get information on the regulations covering manual handling and the risks associated with lifting and carrying children unit 402. K4P778

Hi,

This is covered by the HSE which can be found here. This is the link to the FAQ part of the website about Manual Handling. There are other publications there if you do a search but not sure there is anything specific childcare. :o

hi, thanks for the site, had already looked at that one, again could not find any reference to children

i really need lifting and handling of children for the NVQ4, will keep looking anyway thanks again :o

Is this hoists and such like or general lifting of children and equipment? The general principle is that a thorough risk assessment should be undertaken and the risks assigned a factor of low, medium and high. Then procedures should be put into place which minimises these risks. This might just be correct lifting techniques (and staff training on manual handling) or hoists etc to assist with lifting.

You may find this useful.

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:BojWl...o.uk/documents/

• 6 months later...

Hi, I am currently working on this unit. 402, I found some information on the manual handling of children in the manual handling regulations 1992, which is part of the health and safety at work act 1974. At the time these regs stated that only schools with one of more children with a physical difficulty (who needs handling or lifting) must have a handling and lifting policy. Hope this helps regards. Debbie -

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)