Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Toy Library

Hi

I work in a Foundation Stage Unit attached to a primary school. We have just been provided with some money to set up a toy library.

I was wondering if their was anyone on here who runs one of these in their setting and could give me some information about how you organise it. How long do the children have the toys? what sort of toys does it include? Do you porvide guidnace with the toys as to how they could be used? What sort of records do you keep about whos got what?

Thnkas in advance

Elfy

x

I am guessing it would work along the lines of a library just taking up more room.

I have never used one but have come across toys labelled "toy library" in village halls. I am surprised that no one else has answered.

Hi Elfy

Thought this may help. It's the national association of toy and leisure libraries. You can contact them I suppose if the info isn't on the site. I'm going to try and add a link to the website so I hope it works.

http://www.natll.org.uk/

Sally

Thanks Carol. I'm really rather pleased with myself. I didn't realise it was so simple. Just shows, you're never too old to learn!

Sally

Thank for the link - I have been looking on there and have ordered some publications. Would still love to hear from anyone who runs one in there setting - if there is anyone????

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)