Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Letters And Sounds

Is anyone using Letters and Sounds in their pre-school? I've been using some of the later aspects with 3 children who will be starting school after Christmas,but we are having difficulty finding time to do any of the activities with the rest of the group. Has anyone had any training on this yet?

Anita

Anita

I work in a day nursery. I had training last week on Phase One. I found it very interesting and the suggested activities and games good - we had to play them and present games to each other which was fun. I particularly liked the fact that Phase One concentrates on pre reading and writing skills such as listening.

I've tried out some of the games on an ad hoc basis which had a mixed reception. We aim to plan time for them within our routine. We have also organised an evening to introduce some of the concepts to those parents who keep asking "but what do you do to help children read and write once they are 3"! In response to my insistence that children "learn through play". So i am enthusiastic that I now have something to show them that involves games as an aid to learning and NOT b...dy work sheets.

Sam

Is anyone using Letters and Sounds in their pre-school? I've been using some of the later aspects with 3 children who will be starting school after Christmas,but we are having difficulty finding time to do any of the activities with the rest of the group. Has anyone had any training on this yet?

Anita

Anita-

I have not had training.....yet(ie hoping to soon).however there is a great download by Marion in the forum for letters and sounds with activities for phase one. Roz Baileys book foundations of literacy has loads of ideas to help listening skills. :o

Natty

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)