Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Creative Workshop

hi all, I have just taken over managing an early years setting and want to develop the creative workshop.

I have got great staff but I have been trying to explain to them about chilren's creativity and how cut outs and adults drawn pictures don't help children develop their own creativity.

Ii don't know if I am not explaining it clearly but they don't seem to agree or understand. Has anyone got any liturature I could share with them and how does your creative work shop work?

Thanks.

On this forum somewhere is a great piece of writing about the "fluffy duck sundrome" which says it all - it might give you some ideas about how to explain things to the staff! Type it into search and it'll come up. I also use the motto "It's the process that's important, not the end product - what children bring home in their heads is more important than what they bring home in their hands".

Changing staff attitudes about their approach to "supporting" children's creative work is probably one of the hardest things to do - maybe role-modelling the way that you want things to work is one of the best ways? I'm sure there are some really good articles that you could read and share...my mind's gone blank but I'm sure that someone else will come up with something! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)